THE STRONGEST TREE is not found in the shelter of the forest, but out in the open where the winds of every direction beat upon it.
- It is bent and twisted until it until it becomes a giant in stature.
- This is the TREE which the carpenter wants his projects made of, and the furniture maker seeks.
THE OAK TREE*
A mighty wind blew night and day.
It stole the oak tree’s leaves away,
Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark
Until the oak was tired and stark.
But still the oak tree held its ground
While other trees fell all around.
The weary wind gave up and spoke,
“How can you still be standing, Oak?”
The oak tree said, “I know that you
Can break each brand of mine in two,
Carry every leaf away,
Shake my limbs, and make me sway.
But I have roots stretched in the earth,
Growing stronger since my birth.
You’ll never touch them, for you see,
They are the deepest part of me.
Until today, I wasn’t sure
Of just how much I could endure.
But now I’ve found, with thanks to you,
I’m stronger than I every knew.”
Always, always, always believe that no matter what crosses your path of life….
- If you have deeply planted roots…you will make it through.
- I believe in the deepest part of my being that time heals a broken heart.
- But, the truth of this fact depends upon what YOU CHOOSE to do with your time.
- Determine to plant your roots deep.
- Then you will be able to bend when the strong winds blow….and not break.
“The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.”
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
*Poem, Author Unknows