Mothers come in all shapes, sizes, and speak different languages.
- The one language they all have in common is the love they have for their children.
- Even the animal kingdom displays the devotion, care and tenderness that a Mom gives to her offspring.
I once read an account of forest fire fighters:
- They were going through the burned out trees putting out embers.
- The fire men came across the body of a dove.
- She had placed her babies between the roots of a tree, and spread her wings across them for protection.
- Mothers sacrifice themselves for their children.
I believe there is no higher calling than that of a Mother.
- Her body protects and nourishes a new life for nine months.
- At the birth of that baby there is love unbounded, and joy to those who surround this special newborn.
- But, that is just the beginning.
- There is much more to the journey of a Mother.
- Many long days and nights, laughter and tears, teaching, learning experiences, hopes, dreams and sometimes disappointments lie ahead.
- She is responsible to care for and guide this child all the days of her life.
- It’s all a part of being a Mom.
Finally there comes a time, after much preparation of letting go.
- Even then her job isn’t finished.
- She will be a Mom until she takes her last breath.
- Only her job description has changed; from a staring role to that of a supporting actress.
- Mothers need to continue to be a teacher, an example, an encourager, a confidant, a prayer warrior and a friend to those who follow behind her.
These words come from my heart and are dedicated to one very special Mother that I know quite well.
- She quickly wormed herself into my heart when she was only three weeks old.
- This baby was a gift sent to our lives when it was desperately needed.
- She was adorable, precious and full of life.
- As she grew, her parents will tell you, she presented herself to be quite a challenge.
- She came from a line of strong-willed women and definitely made her mark on the world.
- At a specific time of her life she decided that she knew it all, would do whatever she wanted……and would even say she wasn’t going to have children.
- As we all do; she wanted her life to be HER LIFE!
That was yesterday. Today…..years later, the story is much different.
- What happened?
- A much loved blond hair, blue eyed little boy came into her life and she was changed.
- She became a Mother.
- On her personal journey she has become as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.
- She has become A MEMORABLE MOM.
In August 2013 a very perky and fun little girl was added to this young family.
- One of the greatest joys and memories of my personal journey was to be present for the actual birth of……this new life.
- I watched her enter the world and heard her first cry.
- It was a day that will never be forgotten and will be treasured always.
This little girl who became a Mother continues to amaze me.
- Her creativity, patience, attitude, and fun loving spirit is a blessing to watch.
- She reads to her children, teaches them, draws with them, lets the kids paint, cook, and make messes.
- She knows this time is important, will pass quickly, and doesn’t waste her and their days on being a perfectionist house keeper.
- She even plans adventurous date days with her almost five year old little boy.
- How much fun is that?
- As her children, grow up and spread their wings, they will most certainly have many special memories and much to laugh about.
The most important quality about this little girl is that she has grown as a person.
- Her love for God has matured and is being passed on to her two little ones.
- Bebe…you are a treasure and a gift.
- I love you dearly. I’m proud of who you are and what you have become.
- You are: A MEMORABLE MOM.
“My parents elected me president of the family when I was 4.
We actually had an election every year and I always won.
I’m an only child, and I could count on my mother’s vote.”