RESURRECTION……To rise again, To reappear
Last September on a post these words were recorded on this site: “Somehow I believe the trees are alive with the splendor of color in the fall; to send a message to winter. Just wait…it isn’t over yet…I’ll be back clothed with the beauty of RESURRECTION.”
Today, we are very close to seeing the truth of those words.
- New life springing forth from what APPEARED to be dead.
- The dull brown grass again is putting on her shades of green.
- The barren skeletons of the trees are showing signs of budding leaves.
- From the earth beneath us infant flowers are beginning to reveal themselves.
- Each day we hear more and more the music of the birds.
- Spring, RESURRECTION is almost here.
- Warmth and color will once more defeat winter with all her cold, dark and drab days.
All through the history of civilization there has been only one true RESURRECTION.
- The world celebrates this God given event tomorrow…..Easter Sunday.
- The springing forth of something new which has been given to ALL men.
- Death into a new life, sorrow into happiness, failure into success, despair into hope.
- LOOK to this RESURRECTION, of a reborn life that lives again after death.
A different definition of RESURRECTION is a rising again; a springing forth into life or vitality; as the rebirth of one’s hopes.
- We’ve all watched the death of dreams, plans and relationships; only to have our lives renewed probably in a way that had never occurred to us.
- I would venture to say: “most of the time the new direction was better than the old.”
Just as the seasons change from death to life, so do we.
- More than once, in both my spiritual and personal life I have had to change course.
- I remember a past Easter morning in which I got up early to do some thinking and reflection concerning this special day.
- Our living room had windows on three sides.
- As I sat on the couch and looked outside those windows, I immediately became attracted to the rebirth in nature.
- The green of the grass, the blooming pear trees, the flowering bushes, the busy squirrels, the foraging birds.
- All these events spoke about my life. I had a renewal in my heart, a time of Resurrection, a reappearance of what I sometimes neglect.
RESURRECTION: Life from death…..Jesus Christ
RESURRECTION: Rebirth…..You and Me
Our LORD has written the promise of resurrection,
Not in books alone,
But in every leaf in springtime.