The fruitful life needs showers as well as sunshine….It rained today. An all-day, slow, steady rain.
- God spoke through the rain.
- It spoke of drought, of storms, of freshness, of beauty, of ugliness, of the future, and of human nature….my nature.
There are some people who complain about the rain because it’s a dreary day or interferes with their plans, it’s an inconvenience to them.
- But, our state, our property has been dry for too long.
- Homes, trees, vegetation, animals, and human lives have been lost because of the lack of rain.
As I watched the rain and thought upon the issues of life.
- I noticed the trees. Except for the evergreens, they were barren; their leaves were gone.
- Their skeleton limbs reached for the sky — waiting for a new birth to once again be clothed in the majesty God had planned for them.
- It is the same in our lives. We forget God and the showers He wants to pour out on us.
- We have a drought in our lives and we become dry and brittle. Some even die in that state.
The Old Testament in Amos 8:11 speaks of a famine, not of bread or a thirst for water, but of hearing the Word of God.
- Today some have the privilege of still hearing His Word.
- Sadly they make themselves unavailable, or they may hear; but not with the heart.
- Jesus said: “they that have ears, let them hear.”
Sometimes with the rain comes storms.
- Oh, the storms of life.
- They test us, they break our hearts, they teach us, they strengthen us.
After the storm comes relief.
- Calmness, blue skies, a freshness to our lives and the birth of a new path for our lives.
Rain is the servant of God’s plans to grow us.
- As the trees, may you and I always be reaching for the heavens.
- May His blessings fall on your life and mine.
- Thank you God for the rain.
“Let but thy heart become a valley low,
And God will rain on it till it will overflow.”