….January 15, 2015
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. It is sooo good. A great dish for pot luck or company.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 jar (about 2-1/2 ounces) sliced dried beef, rinsed and drained
- 4 whole chicken breasts (about 2 pounds boneless), skinned
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8-ounces) sour cream
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- cooked rice
- Use 2-1/2 greased quart shallow baking dish (13” x 9” x 2”)
- Arrange single layers of beef in bottom of dish
- Top with chicken breasts
- Blend soup and sour cream – then pour over all
- Top with bacon slices
- Bake at 400 degrees for one hour or until done.
- Serve with Rice. Yield: 8 servings.
From: A dear friend from Vermont – December 1992